Hi there loves,
I hope you are doing well. Last week I was on Vacation and didn’t manage to post a blog-post however, today I have a fun and picture filled one.
I hope you enjoy this post and if you are planning on going to Curacao I would definitely recommend you to continue reading. We had our trip planned by a travel agency because this helped us lower our costs. If you are traveling from Aruba I would recommend you to check Maduro Travel, we got an amazing deal!
I had the dream to visit Curacao for so long and when I saw the travel package I knew that it was the right moment to book the trip. Like I said in my previous post Travelling // Alone for the first time It was my first “solo” travel without someone being responsible for me. I did travel with two amazing girls I’m able to call friends and they made the trip so much better. I’m sick frequently and they just managed to cheer me up and encourage me to do things that caused high level of anxiety but that I’m proud to say I overcame them.
If you are travelling to Curacao, I would recommend you my top 5 things.
- Rent a car. This made our plans so much easier, we where able to move with freedom and gas was so cheap! We used the company ALAMO and they where great.
- Visit Playa Piskado. A must visit beach you can’t miss! We where able to swim with turtles, an unforgettable experience. (You can’t swim too close or touch these turtles they are protected. There is a sir that feeds them and protects them from people. If you are there look for a board with the turtle sign and donate if you can, it’s not obligatory but it would help them). // Or Playa Kenepa, breathtaking.
- Visit Punda and Otra Banda, they are located in Willemstad. You are able to find local treasures and beautiful & colorful buildings. Finding the picture perfect spot won’t be difficult.
- I would like to recommend the hotel we stayed at, this is not sponsored or anything. They don’t even know about my blog. We discovered this hotel trough the travel agency and it’s ; Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino. Very kids friendly, amazing service and beautiful beach. If you are heading to Curacao take this Hotel in Consideration. (It’s an all inclusive hotel).
- Visit the Curacao Sea Aquarium. I know this is such a contraversial thing but take the tour and learn about how they take care of these animals. I was a little sceptical at firt but after the tour I learned 3 important things. First, this aquarium is open to the sea meaning they remain with the nature and are able to leave if they want. Second, Many animals here are rescued animals and are taken care of until they are ready to leave and go back to nature. And lastly, they have amazing projects to improve to sea around them. Take the tour & look up all the information you can and take your own judgement.
I hope these are helpful information to you. If you have any other questions or doubts please don’t hesitate to contact me. Contact
Now let’s get to the pictures
We traveled with WinAir and had a pleasant experience with them.
Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Curacao Sea Aquarium
This is the beach they are trying to improve by sending more fishes and trying with more coral because many don’t exist in this beach.
Punda & Otra banda
We had the opportunity to buy homemade gelato and it was amazing
Kura Hulanda Museum
Mambo Beach Blvd.
Thank you Beautiful Curacao, Until Next Time
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog-post. Did you visit Curacao? What are your thoughts? Do you want to visit it?
Have a great, blessed and positive day everyone!
Thank you so much for reading and checking out my blog.
Follow me on my social media for more content or update:
Instagram: Simply Rachel May
New Facebook Page: Simply Rachel May FB
Thank you so much for checking my blog, I highly appreciate it and I hope you liked it as well. Remember to take care of yourself.