Hi there loves,
I hope you are having an amazing weekend!
Today I’m going to share a different kind of travel blogpost with you. If you have read my blogpost My Summer BucketList // 2019 you may know that I want to take this summer to grow.
One part of growing is stepping out of your comfort zone. For me stepping out of my comfort zone was planning a girls trip abroad where I have to be responsible for everything for myself, which I’m not used too. Some people will say but that’s not traveling alone however, for me it is. I won’t have anybody but myself to take care of myself. Ofcourse I will have my friends with me but that’s different than having a family member and that is why I call it my first solo travel. You don’t have to agree with me but we all have different interpretations of things and if you have any tips for me they are highly welcomed.
What do you consider as Solo Traveling?
This trip is so important to me because it’s the first time I’m traveling by myself, one of my best friends is leaving the island so this will be our last time really spending time with each other for a long time and lastly the place we choose has been on my Travel List for so long! So I’m pretty exited!
I wanted to share this experience with you because I want to inspire you to do the same! Plan something you wanted for so long but have been holding it back because you are afraid. I’m not saying it’s easy but it will be definitely worth it. And start the process with a positive mind this will help you with the process and anxiety.
My feelings before this trip are
- High Anxiety Levels
Like I mentioned above it’s not been easy for me. I have given it a lot of thoughts but I’m really glad I’m doing it. This will definitely help me grow as a person and teach me a lot of lessons. And I created a Journal that I will use to help me trough. It doesn’t have to be the perfect trip, but what if it is? You have to believe you are capable of accomplishing everything you set your mind to.
In order to lower my anxiety and nervousness I did do some things that I wanted to share with you as well.
- Start planning and preparing in advance // Don’t wait until last minute to do your stuff by doing it early you can be sure you are more than ready.
- Make a packing list // I literally made a list of everything I have put in my suitcase, later I can look at this list and see what I have and find if I forgot to pack something. You can always re -read this and be sure what you have with you.
- Have all my documents online and printed out // This gives me a peace of mind that I have both methods because if one doesn’t work I have to other.
- Create a comunicating planning with someone // In my case it’s my mom, I talked about everything with her and if I feel high levels of anxiety I can comunicate with her at anytime so she can help me trough with a phonecall or text.
- Create a list with all the activities // This is to take the nervousness away and create more exitment, for example if you are going to visit a place you’ve always dreamt of or simply visiting an exiting museum can take the stress away and let you concentrate on the fun you are going to have.
My expectations for this trip are huge. Just to share a few with you.
- Learn to deal with different situations // Good and Bad situations but the most important thing is to stay positive.
- Learn how we can be even more responsible with our stuff and important documents.
- Learn to let go of fear.
- Learn how to deal with anxiety // When we are home we have all the tools and people we love to help us get trough our anxieties, however by yourself or with different people we will learn new ways to deal with it.
- Learn how to remain calm // I’m a very nervous person while being a perfectionist is not the best combination but maybe during this trip I will learn to stay calm and look for the solution.
- Learn how we can encourage eac other to have to best time.
- Learn how us girls can take care of each other and travel by ourselves.
I know that when I come back from this trip, maybe I will have a completely different list with different lessons than I expected but I’m up for it and I will definitely share this with you.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. And share with me, what are you going to do this summer? Have you traveled by yourself? What was your experience?
Have a great, blessed and positive day everyone!
Thank you so much for reading and checking out my blog.
Follow me on my social media for more content or update:
Instagram: Simply Rachel May
Thank you so much for checking my blog, I highly appreciate it and I hope you liked it as well. Remember to take care of yourself.