Hi there love,
Happy New Month!
And Happy Birthday to me!
Yes, today is actually my 25th birthday. It is so exited because I have always wanted to be 25, it just always spoke to me. May is always my favorite month for many reasons. We are 5 family members that celebrate our birthday in May so it’s celebration during the whole month, 5 is my favorite and lucky number and May is the fifth month of the year and I just generally feel happy and exited during May. Enough of the Birthday ramble. Let’s get to planning!
25th year // Goals and plans
I have May completely mapped out with my goals and plans. First I’m going to share 3 of my goals for this upcoming birth year. Every year I set my goals before my birthday so I thought I would share 3 with you.
- Travel at least once alone. I have always wanted to do this but I never really had the guts to actually go out there and do it. I can picture it but there’s a lot more to it than just sitting in the plane alone. It’s important to really see if the place is safe to travel alone to.
- Do a real photo shoot with a professional photographer. As a blogger and as a hobby I love taking pictures of everything however I have never gotten my pictures taken professionally. So, this is something I would want to dig more into.
- Dedicate more time to Myself. I’m a person that puts everyone before myself and sometimes I forget to do things that make ME happy. So, this year I want to dedicate more time doing what I love best, break the fear of what others will think if I follow my dreams and just be there for myself.
Do you also put personal goals when your birthday comes up?
Personal // Goals and Plans
For each month I also have some goals and plans I want to accomplish for that specific month for my personal life but these are also things that go with the themes of my blog. For the month of May I have three areas of improvements I want to accomplish.
- I want to increase the amount of water I consume on daily basis
- I want to lower sugar intake
- I want to get back to working out
- And lastly because I can’t live a vegan lifestyle I would consider making 1 day of the week where I eat vegan. My idea is to make it #VeganWednesday
- Read more books
- Find interesting podcasts to be able to learn more. Currently I’m loving the podcasts: Kalyn’s Coffee Talk, The Lavendaire Lifestyle and Hannah Ashton Podcast.
- Learn more by doing online courses
Minimalism, Room and some decorations
This is something I combined because they are linked. My want to become a little more minimalist led to de-cluttering. I was de-cluttering my room where I got rid of a lot of stuff and I definitely want to re-decorate my room. Not only this but I try to buy more sustainable options where 100% cotton is preference. These are small changes I want to continue to do and redecorate my room.
Blog // Goals and Plans
Lastly, I also want to improve my blog, this space.
- Improve picture quality
- Improve posting schedule
- Plan my posts in advance
- Bring #PositivismMonday for the month of May. This time I already have them planned out where I will have 4 themes, 1 for each Monday of May. These are Encouragement, Girlboss, Happiness and Simple Living. I was so exited that I already planned the posts. Do you have any other options or ideas?
What are you May goals and plans?
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. I tried organizing it in my head and trying to make it easy to read for you. Do you like these types of post at the beginning of each month?
Have a great, blessed and positive day everyone!
Thank you so much for reading and checking out my blog.
Follow me on my social media for more content or update:
Instagram: Simply Rachel May
Thank you so much for checking my blog, I highly appreciate it and I hope you liked it as well. Remember to take care of yourself.